Benefits and impact
Impact on young people:
- increased attainment in STEM subjects, narrowing the gap for disadvantaged students.
- increased interest in STEM careers: more students interested in working in STEM industries.
- increased understanding of STEM careers: more students aware of the qualifications and routes to progress in STEM
Impact on teachers:
- increased subject and pedagogical knowledge
- more confident and able to link their teaching to STEM careers
- better equipped to draw on the opportunities offered by STEM employers
- more able to support STEM enrichment activities