DTSA has a growing team of SLEs offering school-to-school improvement support and collaboration that contributes to ‘raising the bar and closing the gap’ in achievement for all children. We continue to grow and are now working with over 120 schools in Derby, Derbyshire and other areas. Both Derby and Derbyshire STEM Science Learning Partnership (SLP) and Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership (DGP) are now part of our offer.
We really are “by schools – for schools” and DTSA is a not for profit charitable incorporated organisation with any annual surplus reinvested to keep prices low and offer great value for money.
We continue to receive excellent feedback on the impact of our courses, conferences, network meetings, school-based support and our Schools Direct Initial Teacher Education (ITE previously ITT) programme.
We welcome engagement from all types of school – all we ask is that you aspire to our values and vision.
1. An ethical basis and shared sense of moral purpose
2. A working culture rooted in trust, mutual respect, reciprocity, consistency and a regard for the dignity of every individual
3. School leaders that are committed to improvement through open, honest and cooperative relationships
4. A focus on improving outcomes through learning and learning how to learn
5. Reflective practitioners who encourage and support colleagues in their own and other schools through shared problem solving and joint working
6. A common language in which everyone can participate and contribute
7. A collective responsibility for leading, coordinating and delivering sustainable improvements in an inclusive and non-hierarchical approach
8. Efficient and effective use of collective resources to raise standards
9. A shared accountability for improving performance across all partner schools while sustaining existing levels of achievement
10. Collaboration that makes a real difference and has a positive impact on the lives and life chances of children and young people