St Martins School (URN: 147143) is the lead school for the DTSA. The executive board is made up of senior leaders in schools from across the city and county. Debbie Gerring, Head Teacher at St Martins, Chairs the Board.
DTSA is based at Chellaston Academy where the Secondary ITTE is facilitated and the Primary ITTE is led by Homefields Primary School in conjunction with University of Derby.
Established in 2013 and incorporated in 2017, Derby Teaching Schools Alliance is a not for profit Charitable Incorporated Organisation based at Chellaston Academy in Derby.
Our charity believes that every child in every class in every school deserves the best teaching and learning. DTSA has a growing team of SLEs who offer school-to-school improvement support and collaboration that contributes to ‘raising the bar and closing the gap’ in achievement for all children. We continue to grow and now work with over 120 schools in Derby, Derbyshire and other areas. School Direct Initial Teacher Education (ITTE), Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire STEM Science Learning Partnership (SLP) and Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership (DGP) are part of our offer.
We have worked with 182 Primary schools and 78 Secondary schools in the past 12 months
“This has been a brilliant course, I have learnt so much. Being new to the Subject leadership, I feel so much more confident now to take it on and implement the strategies you have provided. Thank you!”
“Very informative and great use of practical activities. It’s good that we can take part throughout and discuss ‘virtually’. The session on adapting the curriculum in response to Covid was great.”
“This was very useful and really helped me to think about what I need to do as a new science subject leader. I felt it was pitched really well and the notes on padlet and sharing ideas was useful to know that I was on the right track with some things and gave ideas for other things I could be doing. Thank you so much!”
“You have made this very easy for a new lead to Science. Very very informative and helpful. Thanks once again.”
“Many thanks for this and continuing CPD, it’s been great to attend things that I maybe wouldn’t have been able to attend otherwise. I’m learning so much!”
DTSA has a growing team of SLEs offering school-to-school improvement support and collaboration that contributes to ‘raising the bar and closing the gap’ in achievement for all children. We continue to grow and are now working with over 120 schools in Derby, Derbyshire and other areas. Both Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire STEM Science Learning Partnership (SLP) and Derby and Derbyshire Governance Partnership (DGP) are now part of our offer.
We really are “by schools – for schools” and DTSA is a not-for-profit charitable incorporated organisation with any annual surplus reinvested to keep prices low and offer great value for money.
We continue to receive excellent feedback on the impact of our courses, conferences, network meetings, school-based support and our School Direct Initial Teacher Education (ITTE previously ITT) programme.
We welcome engagement from all types of school – all we ask is that you aspire to our values and vision:
1. An ethical basis and shared sense of moral purpose
2. A working culture rooted in trust, mutual respect, reciprocity, consistency and a regard for the dignity of every individual
3. School leaders that are committed to improvement through open, honest and cooperative relationships
4. A focus on improving outcomes through learning and learning how to learn
5. Reflective practitioners who encourage and support colleagues in their own and other schools through shared problem solving and joint working
6. A common language in which everyone can participate and contribute
7. A collective responsibility for leading, coordinating and delivering sustainable improvements in an inclusive and non-hierarchical approach
8. Efficient and effective use of collective resources to raise standards
9. A shared accountability for improving performance across all partner schools while sustaining existing levels of achievement
10. Collaboration that makes a real difference and has a positive impact on the lives and life chances of children and young people